Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pear-fect with Heather H.

Happy SUNday!  Heather has created 3 absolutely awe-inspiring cards for you today using our new release...check them out and leave a comment for her!  Have a great day everyone!!

Hello! Heather here from Houses Built of Cards - here to share some projects with the new stamp set for April called Pear-fect! As always - there is such a fun mix of images and sentiments! Something for everyone!


I just had to start with that sweet pear that this set got it's name from!


Layered together some tag dies, some Heidi Swapp pattern paper, a bit of vellum and a doily, and the sentiment heat embossed in vellum. The pears I stamped on the green pattern paper - then inked a bit with distress ink for some dimension - also coloring in the stem and leaf with Copics. Did some machine stitching to attach the sentiment and the tag layers together, attached the two pears with foam adhesive, and stapled on some May Arts ribbon at the top. SOOO fun!


Next up, as Mother's Day is fast approaching, I thought I would make a simple Mother's Day Card:


I pulled out a stitched pattern die for the base of the card - I thought it went perfectly with my sentiment from this set! I heat embossed it in vellum (love how that gives the stitched letters a bit more texture, just like real stitching!), then layered it on some Lawn Fawn paper. Punched a couple holes and tied it together with jute twine, then attached with foam adhesive to my card base. Simple, but I love how it all pulls together!


And finally - that little lamp with the perfect sentiment! Had to make a quick shaker card:


For this one, tore a square of watercolor paper, added a slightly yellow background, and stamped my lamp over the top. Added a yellow rectangle shaker element, with some tiny little stars in yellow and silver inside, then heat embossed my sentiment on a hand trimmed black banner. The second picture shows the watercolor and the little stars a bit better.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

cghundley said...

So sweet and cute.
Love all the tags
on the first one.
Carla from Utah

Celeste Goff said...

Awesome cards Heather!!!